With 6 kWp of solar panels, expected savings are €120 to €150 per month.

  • 2023
  • Fuveau, France
  • Power output : 6 kWp
  • Panels : 18 photovoltaic panels

In April 2023, Sonia and André, owners of a gîte in Fuveau, had 18 solar panels installed on their south-facing roof. The aim is to lower their electricity bill, which until then had amounted to €370 a month. They tell us all about it!

“We have a very high bill already because the house is all electric in the summer, it’s very hot in the region, and in fact the air conditioning works”.

Initial investment? 17,500 euros. Thanks to government subsidies, the final cost was 15,000 euros.

The 18 DualSun FLASH photovoltaic solar panels should enable them to consume 60% of what they produce and sell the remaining 40% to the grid.

With these 6 kWp, the expected savings are around €120 to €150 less on the electricity bill per month. What’s more, at the end of the year, there will be a redistribution of what was not self-consumed but resold. This is estimated at between €300 and €500, depending on the level of self-consumption. Sonia and André hope to recoup their investment in 7 to 8 years!

The installation, carried out by a partner in our network, took 1 ½ days. A film crew from TF1 even came to see the work in progress for the March 23 news program!


Technical information

Characteristics Guest house
Number of panels 18 DualSun FLASH photovoltaic panels
Power output 6 kWp
Rooftop installation South-facing, 30° slope
Photovoltaic system Micro-inverters, self-consumption with sale of surplus electricity